Effective date April 1st, 2022
The data controller is Kairos Appraisal Services LLC, a foreign limited liability company of Washington state with an address at 3500 188th St SW, Suite 465, Lynnwood, WA 98037.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data or personal information that can be used to identify you (“Personal Data”, or “data” or “information”). We may also collect Personal Data automatically, or from third-party partners or services. The Personal Data we collect includes:
Basic Identifiers and Contact Information
We collect some information from you when you provide it to us directly, such as via an email or online form, through the support feature embedded in our Services, or through another form of inquiry. This information may include your name, job title and position, personal and work email, and personal and work phone number.
When you download and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system, resolution, application version, mobile device identifiers (such as your device ID or advertising ID), language, time zone and IP address.
We collect information automatically about your activity through our Services (Usage Information), such as the date and time you used a service, features you have used, your in-app purchase history, subscriptions, your interaction with advertisements, and data generated when you use our Services (for example your interaction us with regard to any Services subscribed or purchased through an app) with which may be stored with your Apple ID on iCloud for iOS Devices or with your Google Store profile for Android Devices in some of our Services).
When you download and use our Services, we automatically detect your general location, namely country and state through your IP address. We may collect, with your consent if applicable, other location information through your IP address, such as the city you are in.
Media and other files
We may ask for access to your camera in case you want to use certain features of our Services. In case you contact us through our in-app support feature and you need to upload any media or files as attachments, we shall ask for access to such files.
Information we obtain from third parties
We may receive information about you from our third party service providers, who collect this information through our Services in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Information we obtain when you connect with third parties
In cases we provide the option, and you decide, to connect our Services to your account with third parties like Apple, Google or Facebook, we may receive your Apple ID, Google ID or Facebook user ID, name and/or email subject to your permission. If you would like to manage your use of “Sign in with Apple” please go to Apple’s website to find out more. If you would like to edit the privacy and settings on any other website, you have granted us permission please see that website to find out more.
Information we obtain from social media
User generated content we obtain from you
We may collect content from posts or uploads on social networks or platforms or direct contact, subject to your consent if applicable. Such content may include, your name, social media username, image, likeness, voice, other identifiable information available in such user generated content.
Cookies and similar data collection technologies
Please note that, while your browser settings may allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit the Services, our Services (including apps and websites) are not configured to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below a description of the ways in which we use your Personal Data, the legal bases we rely upon to do so and to provide you with an option to opt-out of certain practices, where applicable. We may use your Personal Data:
- To administer and protect our Services (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, support, fraud, reporting and hosting of data). Our legal basis for processing is legitimate interests for running our business, provision of administration and services.
- To communicate with you about any client referral requests, Services bidding forms and related information, contact forms, helpdesk support and to understand how you use our Services so that we can continuously improve our offerings. Our legal basis is performance of a contract, legitimate interests or consent depending on the particular case to keep our users updated about our Services and our new features in accordance with your preference, and to continue to improve the Services we offer.
- To opt-out of communication with us for our Services, send us your request through the online contact us support feature.
- To cross-advertise our Services and products and to send push notifications for changes to our Services, to allow you to participate in new features of our Services when you choose to do so. Our legal basis is legitimate interests to be able to advertise our Services and products to our users and keep our users updated about our Services and our new features in accordance with your preference.
- To opt-out of receiving advertisements for our Services and products, send us a request through the in-app support feature, by going to our app -> click on three dots (or more) -> click help (or support) -> and then click Contact us (or +) and send us your request or by going to the app Setting -> About -> and then Privacy Settings.
You may be able to opt-out of receiving push notifications by turning them off at the device level through the settings of the device.
- To serve personalized advertisements in our Services using third-party advertising networks. Our legal basis is legitimate interests to run our business. However, where necessary we will rely on your consent to process Personal Data in order to provide personalized advertising to you, therefore you will be asked whether you consent to the collection of your mobile device advertising identifier and IP address so that they can provide a personalized advertisement experience. Kairos participates in and complies with the policies and technical specifications of applicable law where necessary and applicable to our Services.
- To opt-out or withdraw your consent from receiving personalized advertisements, see the “Opt-out of targeted advertising” section below.
- To use user generated content which has been provided by you and such content includes Personal Data. Our legal basis is consent which is obtained directly by you from the medium (g., e-mail, social networks, social platforms) used to obtain such content.
- To respond to legal proceedings and other obligations or requirements under applicable law.
You may withdraw your consent by providing us with written notice by email at email@example.com.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will also retain Personal Data and Usage Information for internal analysis purposes and legitimate business interest to the extent necessary to improve the functionality of our Services, for business purposes or when we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Your Personal Data collected through our Services will be retained for as long as permitted by applicable law or necessary depending on the respective purpose of collection and shall be deleted when they no longer serve one of the above-mentioned purposes or shall be anonymized and therefore will no longer constitute Personal Data. It is clarified that in no case the retention period should exceed the 5 years from the date of collection. Once we have deleted or anonymized your Personal Data, you will not be able to exercise the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification or the right to data portability.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
Access Personal Data we hold about you
You have the right to request access to your Personal Data collected through our Services. Following your request at firstname.lastname@example.org we will provide you a copy of your Personal Data in an electronic format.
You also have other rights such as to correct your data, have your data deleted, object how we use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data. You also have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your Personal Data, for example by turning off camera access in your mobile device settings. This will not affect any data processed before such withdrawal. Please provide the request to any of the foregoing rights at privacy@ kairosappraisal.com.
Opt-out of targeted advertising
To show you personalized advertisements in our apps we use third-party advertising networks and their partners, including those that need your consent to deliver advertisements that are tailored to you based on a determination of your characteristics or interests. To do so they may use personal and non-personal information such as advertising identifiers i.e., the Android advertising ID and/or Apple’s ID for advertising (IDFA), device data and/or other tracking technologies to enable and optimize this advertising procedure.
You can opt-out from personalized advertisement experience, at any time by checking the Privacy Setting tab in any of our apps or under the privacy settings of your iOS or Android device.
Method 1 (depending on your local privacy laws) - App Settings:
- Open app Settings
- Select About
- Select Privacy Setting
- Select Advertising Preferences and disable Personalized Advertising and then click Save & Exit
- Method 2 - Device Settings:
- For iOS 14 and later:
- Open device Settings
- Select Privacy
- Select Tracking and disable “Allow Apps to Request to Track”
- For iOS 13 and older:
- Open device Settings
- Select Privacy
- Select Advertising and enable “Limit Ad Tracking”
- Open device Settings
- Select Google
- Select Ads and enable “Opt out of Ads Personalization”
When you choose to opt-out, advertising networks will consider this choice as a withdrawal of consent to personalized advertisement experience, and they will show contextual advertisements and not personalized advertisements based on your interests.
Note: Irrespective of your choice and/or your device settings, you will continue to see non-customized advertising (e.g., “contextual” advertising) and you may continue to receive personalized ads from our third-party ad networks that obtain your consent on other apps and/or websites.
Exercise your privacy rights
Any requests to exercise your rights should be made through Privacy Setting tab in any of our apps located in Setting -> About -> and then Privacy Settings or in our support feature located in our apps (by going to the particular app -> click on three dots (or more) -> click help (or support) -> and then click Contact us (or +) and place your request). You can also send us an email at privacy@ kairosappraisal.com, however, we may still redirect you to make the same request through the in-app support feature or we may request additional information in order to accommodate your request.
These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by us as early as possible and always within one month.
You may also contact your local data protection authority or a relevant national or state authority for unresolved complaints.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share the above categories of Personal Data for certain business purposes, including:
Personal Data of our users are stored in our data centers of our third party service providers in the USA, who act as data processors
- Sharing with our service providers and partners
We use certain service providers and partners to help us operate and improve our Services. These service providers and partners assist us with various tasks, including hosting and maintenance, on-going development, analytics, customer care and marketing.
We may also share, or otherwise “sell” the above categories of Personal Data for the following purposes, noting that a “sale” of personal information does not have the literal meaning of the word “sell” and as broadly defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act (and discussed in greater detail below) includes any sharing of information with third parties in exchange for “valuable consideration”:
We may share or otherwise “sell” (as broadly defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act) information with advertising partners who distribute advertising in our Services.
In addition to the above, we may share your Personal Data in the following circumstances or for the following purposes:
- For corporate transactions
We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
- When required by law
We may also share information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our customers or others.
- To enforce legal rights
We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
- With your consent or at your request
We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
- Social sharing features
Some of our Services offer social sharing features which let you share actions you take in our Services with other media. You must be over the minimum age limit that is prescribed by the legislation in the individual jurisdictions to use any social sharing features integrated in our Services. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature.
We appreciate the need to provide extra privacy protections to users who are children. Our Services are intended for general audiences over the age of 18 years and therefore children under the age of 18 years old (or older pursuant to applicable jurisdiction) should not download or use our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from a device of a child under the age of 18 years old (or otherwise as applicable), or for any other relevant reason, please send us a request for deletion and restriction of processing of Personal Data and opt-out from targeted advertising using the in-app Privacy Settings (for our apps go to the app -> Setting -> About -> and then Privacy Settings).
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with the additional rights listed here. To exercise these rights, see the “Exercising Your California Privacy Rights” subsection below.
Social sharing features
You have the right to know and see what information we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your information; and
- The specific pieces of information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete the information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same). There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide you a good or service;
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Right to Opt-out
You have the right to “opt-out,” or direct us to stop “selling” or otherwise sharing your information with third parties in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration. To submit an opt-out request, please follow the instructions under the ‘Opt-out of targeted advertising’ paragraph found above, to configure the Privacy Setting in any of our apps or by checking your device privacy settings.
You can request certain information about our disclosure of your information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year (to the extent we have shared information for such purposes within the given period). This request is free and may be made once a year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights
To request access to or deletion of your personal information, to opt-out, or to exercise any other rights under California law, please follow the instruction under the ‘Exercise your privacy rights’ paragraph, found above, and follow the necessary steps.
Response Timing and Format
We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
By Mail or Courier:
Data Protection Officer
Kairos Appraisal Services LLC
3500 188th St SW, Suite 465
Lynnwood, WA 98037