Social Media Connections
Not just for friends and family anymore! Check out our facebook page to learn, share, and stay connected.
Follow us on twitter for some of the most up to date news, industry trends, forward thinking statements, partnerships, and customer service reviews.
This is a people business not a numbers game. Link with our team, and learn what really moves us.
Kairos Appraisal Services In The News
The SuperBowl of Appraisal Conventions!
We had a wonderful time last week at The Bellagio in Las Vegas!
The Valuation Expo was FILLED with great appraisers and great people!! Many appraisers provided valuable feedback for how to make the Pocket Appraisal EVEN BETTER. 🙂 THANK YOU to all that contributed!! And thank you to our industry partners for helping us launch this game changing app so quickly and successfully.
Whether you missed us or met us, if you'd like to contact our team, please email [email protected]
Kairos has sponsored a booth at the 2021 Valuation Expo September 8th-10th at The Bellagio Hotel in Vegas!
This is the premier event for Valuation Professionals and we are proud to be a part of the "thought leaders" production.
Our very own Alex Todak will be leading the Quarterly AMC Committee meeting on September 7th at the Bellagio.
If you'd like to join us, or receive updates about this exciting event, please email [email protected]
Kairos Wins the Puget Sound Mortgage Lenders Association Charity Golf Tournament!!
In support of the Rebuild Together South Sound charity, Kairos joined the PSMLA event and had a wonderful day on the course. We brought some of our favorite Appraisers, Staff, and giveaways. What a fun day, and a great cause.
Congratulations Alex Todak!
Congratulations to our Executive Vice President (and fellow Kairos Owner) Alex Todak! Alex has been invited to chair the nation's largest AMC Committee. This prestigious position was offered by the Collateral Risk Network and Alex recently accepted with his standard oversized smile.
"CRN provides amazing leadership for the appraisal industry and it's an absolute honor to assist them in any way that I can."
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
2020 was tough and unforgiving, but it brought us closer together, forced us to learn how to be more efficient, and taught us that we are stronger than we might have realized. 2021 is sure to be a better year. Interest rates will remain low, and the home purchase market could make up for lost ground - setting us up for another exciting year of being the BEST AMC in the USA. Our company goals include adding even more appraisers to our national network, improving communication with our clients, and becoming YOUR FAVORITE AMC.
Appraisal Trivia Happy Hour!!
Get ready for some more trivia FUN!! Our last event was a blast, with participants diving in from all around the country. Should we do it again?? YES!!! Obviously!!!
Our last trivia event produced two winners. The team with the most points won a FREE RUSH appraisal and thank goodness they won, because they needed it the very next day 🙂
The random drawing winner (all participants were eligible) won a FREE Upgrade To Rush, which they also used almost immediately, and we turned in that report 3 days later.
Soon, the second trivia competition will be underway... sign up here !!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!
July 4th, 2020
In 1776 did our founding fathers ever imagine that they were starting a country that would go on to invent Ferris Wheels, Hearing Aides, Microwave Ovens, Lasers, The Internet, the Helmet Hummingbird Feeder, and Dental Floss? Let’s not forget Chocolate Chip Cookies, Roomba, and Office Swivel Chairs! What a wonderful country we live in!!
Sure, 2020 has been a tough year thus far. We have seen a presidential impeachment, Kobe’s death, Brexit, COVID-19, Riots, a postponed Summer Olympics, Australia’s Wildfires, and more. However, we have also seen the Stock Market hit all time highs, SpaceX successfully transported an American Astronaut to the International Space Station, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle started their permanent vacation, The Weeknd brought us “Blinding Lights” and The Dixie Chicks are back! We have so much to be thankful for in this wonderful country of ours and this weekend presents a dedicated chance to rejoice and celebrate... It’s America’s 244th Birthday!!!
Some Recent Reviews of Kairos Appraisal Services
June 25, 2020
"Thanks so much!!! You are always the best AMC in our book. We are very happy to work with you." -Mortgage Broker in California-
"Kairos Appraisal Services... They are undeniably, the best AMC in the United States. I say this with regard to their professionalism, standard of operations, quality of work, and most importantly, their customer service. As a 27-year veteran in the mortgage game, I can write this with complete certainty - These guys can and will prove to be the best in no time at all to AFR. They have outshined every other AMC out there and I have probably worked with most if not all of the other AMC's, including Class Appraisal." -Senior Advisor & Loan Officer-
"It is seriously my pleasure to work with Kairos. The follow up, answers in real time, the top to bottom team mentality is flat out, bar none, the best I have ever experienced. AMC's should model your approach.” -West Coast Mortgage Broker-
"Thank you! Your team is something special and we appreciate the extra effort!" -Contract Processor in Florida-
"Kairos Appraisal is faster than any other AMC, Thank you!" -Mortgage Broker in the Bay Area-
"Thank you sososo much! Please if there is anything i can ever do for you all...a review...something that recognizes your wonderful service...it would be my pleasure " -Mortgage Broker in California-
"We have heard good things from our realtors about your AMC and turn times are really good even with everything going on. Such a big difference and your team gets things resolved really quickly” -NY Broker-
"You were my last resort and my hope in these dying moments. Thank you for being there.” -Illinois Broker-
"THANK YOU for completing so QUICKLY......you are the best!!!!!" -Nevada Broker-
"Thank You my ONE AND ONLY FAVORITE APPRAISAL COMPANY" -Mortgage Broker in California-
"when we need appraisals, we always choose Kairos” -Mortgage Broker in PA-
"I wanted to send a shout out and a thank Kairos again for being a great AMC and all that you do for brokers and their lenders.” -West Coast Contract Processor-
"You guys are the best thank you” -Mortgage Broker on the East Coast-
Kairos is Parkside Lending's Newest Approved AMC
May 1, 2020
We were honored to be invited into the Parkside Lending Family, and we are proud to already be delivering quality appraisal reports to Parkside Brokers. Our first report for a Parkside Broker was turned in 4 business days after it was ordered.
If you would like Parkside to be added to your account with Kairos, please click here, and we will set up your account so that you can start ordering with the best AMC on the planet.
Six Ways That Video Conferencing Could Change the Appraisal Process
Febrauary 2, 2020
Kairos has started using video conference tools to make the appraisal process more efficient. We are trying to replace the most dangerous and exhaustive piece of the mortgage puzzle: the appraisal. Appraisers exist to keep the housing market safe. They protect our investment and our economy, but the process of appraising a home has become dangerous. Current processes demand that appraisers enter private homes to determine value, but an in-person inspection is no longer safe, nor is it necessary. Rather than appraisers entering the homes of strangers, they can now be hosted by homeowners with video conference calls. Appraisers agree that live video tours of homes are as effective as in person visits, and are much more efficient.
1) Social Distancing – It’s tough for appraisers to keep a true social distance while inside a stranger’s house inspecting every corner, nook, and cranny. Video conferencing allows appraisers to do a thorough inspection without ever entering the house.
2) Scheduling – Getting two people’s schedules to coincide can be difficult, especially when they both have separate lives, careers, and expectations. Allowing appraisers to simply sit at their desk for a live video tour means that scheduling inspections just became as easy as scheduling a phone call.
3) Travel Time – Many appraisers are forced to travel for miles to get to a subject house, often during high traffic hours. Live video conferencing not only saves gas, making it more environmentally friendly, but it saves hours of wasted road time.
4) Faster Turn Times – The mortgage industry is laser focused on delivering loans quickly and efficiently, but the appraisals are widely known to be the slowest part of the mortgage process. Video conferencing speeds up the process by days, not hours. This could prove very useful to borrowers in a pinch and pumps more money into the economy at a much faster rate.
5) Appraisal Wavers – This is such a controversial part of the mortgage world. Appraisal wavers create home loans without any check or balance on the value of a home. Borrower’s state the value and a federal database decides if the loan requires an appraisal or will suffice with a waver. Wavers provide no protection to the housing market, our economy, or the American taxpayer. If we replaced appraisal wavers with video conferencing, every loan would have a level of accountability we haven’t seen for decades.
6) Documentation – When a live video tour is recorded and stored in a secure location, there is a record of the interaction, and proof that the appraiser was diligent. There is also proof that the home owner was honest. If another housing market correction hits the economy hard again, we will be able to prove value, and better define where we went wrong in determining valuations.
7 Ways to Speed Up Your Appraisal
May 11, 2019
Time is of the essance ... And with a name like "Kairos" (focused on this opportunity, in this moment, for this team) we are laser focused on getting reports turned in as quickly as possible. Here are a few quick guidelines to help you prepare for a quicker appraisal process.
- Appraisers are a busy bunch, and scheduling inspections is the toughest part of the process. Borrower’s, Home Owners, Renters, and Appraisers all have different lives to lead, so finding an exact hour that works for everyone can be challenging. Reaching out to an appraiser is legal and can quicken the process by DAYS. Ask for the appraiser’s contact information and use it.
- Have your calendar open and ready before you call the appraiser to schedule your inspection.
- Clean your house, inside and out. Curb appeal is a staple in the real estate world, and appraisals are no different. Maintaining good curbside appeal might not directly increase the value of your house, but it certainly won’t hurt. Inside your home, however, is a different story. It is important that the appraiser feels as though you have maintained your entire property, especially the interior of your house. Keeping it clean goes a long way toward presenting it as a well maintained property.
- Open all doors and windows an hour before the inspection. This will allow for your house to clear out any odd smells, and will help protect the appraiser from potential COVID-19 exposure. Opening the doors to bedrooms and bathrooms and closets gives the appraiser easy access to every nook and cranny, and will potentially show some compassion towards the appraiser and the risk they are taking entering a stranger’s house.
- If you have a private gate, be sure to leave it open for he appraiser if possible. If the gate cannot be left open, be sure that the appraiser, your broker, the agent, and everyone involved has access to the code.
- Remove all pets from the property whenever possible. Not only do pets have orders that we might be so used to that we don’t notice the smell, but they also can be a distraction or a nuisance to appraisers that are just trying to get their job done as throughly and quickly as possible. Removing kids and guests whenever possible is a big help too.
- Keep your receipts and don’t be afraid to brag a bit about how much work you’ve done to your house. New floors, windows, paint, etc, are all good receipts to have on hand, and they all prove that your home might be worth more now than it was before you bought it.
One thing we’ve been talking about a lot this year is the fact that homeowners to lenders to buyers want to get a mortgage more quickly. It seems reasonable, too, given all of the advances in technology within the housing industry recently to utilize appraisal technology—especially during 2020. The Pandemic Has Changed Appraisals The housing…
No matter how many times you’ve been through the process, the prospect of a home appraisal can seem a little daunting. With the cobweb of people involved, it’s understandable that your clients may feel a little bit confused. So, to help everyone through the process, we’ve compiled a list of the top seven home appraisal…
Wouldn’t it be so much easier if there was a blog filled with all of the things appraisers want sellers to know? Oh, we just wrote one? Guess you’re in luck! That’s right, we’re unveiling all the mysteries! (Well . . . maybe not all of them, then you wouldn’t need us if you knew…
There is growing demand for alternative types of housing as prices for traditional single-family residences soar and it’s becoming more and more difficult for people to afford those homes. One attractive alternative type of home is the manufactured or modular home, which is built elsewhere and then moved to the final site. In fact, according…
With so much chatter out there about different kinds of home appraisals (especially since the pandemic has increased some of these appraisal types and decreased others), we thought we’d write something about the different home appraisal types and their pros and cons. While we’re not addressing appraisal waivers here, we’d like to point out that…
Appraisers have to be really methodical about how they pick comparable properties, or comps, when they are doing home appraisals. There are extensive guidelines from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the FHA about what constitutes an appropriate comp for a home appraisal. Here’s a peek into how appraisers pick comps and how they affect a…
You may wonder why a home’s sales price and appraisal value sometimes don’t match up. Whether you’re buying a home or selling a home, it’s important to know how they can differ, especially in today’s hot housing market. Home Sales Price The housing market is, of course, influenced by the fluctuations of supply and demand.…
COVID-19 changed the housing industry in so many ways, from how buyers view potential homes to how loans close. While we all know the world will go back to “normal” at some point, some of these changes are going to be with us forever. The pandemic has required all of us to use technology to…
Everyone’s excited that 2021 is finally here, and we can’t blame them! We’re excited for the new year, too. Even though 2020 was a bummer for so many reasons, the housing market was not one of them. In fact, it was a bright spot in the economy, and no one expects that to change this…
The real estate market has been moving at a breathtaking pace this year, and we’ve been seeing more home appraisal Reconsideration of Value (ROV) requests. That’s not unique to Kairos; many AMCs are seeing a substantial uptick in ROV requests. This is due to several interesting factors that are happening the market right now. While…